Tuesday, January 5, 2010

1st workout in 8 weeks!

1st time i woke up before 7:30 in 8 weeks!
and i was happy about it.
i sort of dreaded walking back into that street lamp lit lds church at 6:03 a.m.......
knowing that 12 pairs of wondering eyes would be glancing at me in an inconspicuous manner.
my eyes were staring at that pinewood derby track that was set up in the center of the gym. :)
my mind was wondering what they were thinking.
i had told some good friends about the program i was embarking on.
and the other ladies in the exercise group probably figured it out through the grapevine.
you look great! was being spewed from a mouth here and a mouth there.
it felt good, although my goal is not to be praised.
i'm sure they have mixed thoughts about my method of loss....
but i don't care about that.
the only thing i care about is the fact that my body works...
and when i got there....all was well.
i was curious how i would feel....and i've decided i felt great!
it's amazing what the body....my body....could do better at 30 lbs less!
it was a bit more challenging lift those 5lb. weights for the umpteenth time with my less frequently used muscles...
but actually squatting and jumping were refreshingly easier!
and less of my body went in all different directions when i ran.
and with less lbs. to carry around, it's able to do more of what i want it to do...
and that is to be amazing and wonderful and free and full of energy!
i've always felt like the "special" one in that group of fitness divas.
the fat girl who ALWAYS comes, even if she is always a step behind.
i always went, no matter what.
i would simply stick to my exercise routine because it was the right thing to do.
 i love the way i would feel AFTER the workout.
and i love the way i feel with 30 lbs. less to move around that cheerio crumbed floor!
here's to 70 more!

No comments: