Sunday, January 17, 2010

Oopsie!!!

I have a regret.

I REALLY regret not keeping a food journal during phase 3 and 4.
I think it would really be a huge help for me right about now!
But I didn't and don't know what in the world I should do.

Even without a food journal, I know 1 thing for sure. That is that the past week since I started adding starches and sugars has been a wild ride that has gone out of control. Today I weigh 250 lbs.That's 5 lbs. over my LDW (last drop weight)  of 145. What a disappointment.


It all started Saturday Jan. 9th, the first day of p4 when I was allowed to eat starches and sugars. I did not go hog wild by all means, but I didn't exactly follow the whole introduce foods SLOWLY thing. Things that I probably should NOT have done:
  •  Eating the whole fried taco shell from my "salad" from Baja fresh at lunch time.
  •  Eating the two healthy banana carrot muffins my friend made.-yum.
  • Having 2 servings of Ruffles with several tbs. of ranch that included msg.
  • The 1/4 cup of Ben and Jerry's 
  • Eating the last 3 things past 10 p.m. at night while playing a fun game with friends
  • Staying up past 1 a.m.
From that point, it's all gone down hill.  

And I'm sure it's NO SURPRISE that the very next morning, the scale told me just what I thought it would tell me.

And as a result: Steak Day.(which turned out just fine.

But then.....

On Wednesday I went to a dinner that my brother's Japanese wife was preparing since they were in town.

Japanese food is healthy, right?!? I imagined I would eat the vegetables and meat and stay away from the starch...

WRONG!

EVERYTHING was fried!
Tempura took on a whole new meaning.

(And dinner wasn't ready until 10p.m....3 hrs. after the time we were supposed to eat.)

Bad Food + Late Night eating = Weight gain

Hmph. I think I remember the SAME scenario occurring only 3 days before. 

Maybe I have short term memory loss or something.

What next???

You guessed it, STEAK DAY....AGAIN!

Only problem is that this time I was only down 1 lb. and still up 4 lbs. over my LDW!

I'm not sure what I should have done....well, I didn't do anything. I just drank lots and hoped for the best.

 I don't want to type it cause I don't want it to be true....but I know I gain when I eat wheat. Hmph. :(

2 comments:

JaymeTHunt.com said...

Oh no! What a bummer. I'm glad to read, however, that you're not freaking out and screaming HELP. It sounds like YOU are in control rather than the scale. That's a great start and you're ahead of a lot of people on that one. :)

The great part of HCG is that once you reset, your body really WANTS to go back to your LDW. Here's what I'd do. You might decide to try these things, too:

* Supper: 2 apples & 2 ounces of hard white cheese. (I've lost up to 3# overnight doing this...) Don't eat after 7pm, though.
* Epsom salt bath
* Water, water, water
* Get some real quality sleep

That ought to take care of those few little pounds that are being bothersome. :)

~Jay
http://www.lessofmehcg.com

i said...

thanks jay! i did go back to my ldw the week after. i have realized that my weight fluctuates A LOT when I'm on my period/ovulating. I don't know if I should do a steak day today because I am up and on my period. what do you think.
p.s. i don't really understand about the apple/cheese thing. is that what you eat after you eat something you probably shouldn't have??